4Ever Stars

Brining you information on schools and various activities...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The future depends on what we do in the present.

- Mahatma Gandhi

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

- Epictetus
Top posters
Kris

Rin

Han

Naomi

Poll

Share | 

Fiat RP

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Lady Adeline looked between Rin and Soran, looking rather stunned. She had walked into the meeting, intending to discuss foreign relations with the queen- she had heard the words "wedding" and "engaged", with the principle speakers being Rin and Soran.

The lady was a presumptive one, and tended to jump to conclusions.

"You've found a suitor, your Highness?" Lady Adeline exclaimed.

Rin looked taken aback. "Wait, what?"

"This is wonderful news! I'll go and tell the Parliament!" Lady Adeline rushed off, leaving the bill behind her. Rin started to run after her but Lady Adeline, though old, was fast, and by the time Rin got back to the meeting hall, much of the Parliament was already looking at her in surprise. She couldn't explain the full matter without alerting Lord Westwood; it would pull the civil war even closer. Shitfuck.

"Uh..." Rin mentally slapped herself. "Well..let's get on with this meeting." She slid into her seat and pulled the third issue towards her, wondering exactly how much Lady Adeline had told.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kris
The King
The King

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Sora watched stunned as Lady Adeline zipped out the door. He knew there was no escape for him now. That woman was the biggest gossip, or one of the biggest, in the entire continent- that he was ready to swear.

"Guess I better get back to the meeting." He chuckled nervously...

Great, now my father's going to hear about this, and then we're going to hear the issue of who's ruling what... and there's no going back from this. Father won't allow it... the people won't...

He thought about the various princesses introduced to him during his childhood. At least the queen of Fiat as a head on her shoulders.

He didn't take his seat in the corner again. Instead, he had a servant bring a chair to the table. If I'm going to do this, I'm doing it the proper way, politician style.

Sora clasped his hands together and waited for the meeting to begin.

Han
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:48 pm

"Prince...? So you are... Wait... Isn't Delmar... I quiet...." Han burst into laughter.

This is coincidental, very coincidental in deed. "Delmar was founded by Lord Watyr. Fiat conquered, as we lately discovered, by Lady Fyre. Those two mages even had a romance and were married for a while. This is "fate"," Han grinned noting the similar sound of "fate" to "Fiat".

"Actually...," Han continued, "That means... That make you two..." Han did a quick calculation in his head "that makes you two... hm.. 20th to 40th cousins perhaps a few times removed... quite within the marrying range. Talk about inbreeding..."

Han couldn't help but grin, the coincidence is just too... ironic...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:03 pm

"That's not funny, Han." Rin mumbled, burying her head in her hands. Ugh...how had this happened? She was vaguely aware of Lady Adeline explaining to the council what had just occured, and how excellent it would be that the Queen of Fiat would be marrying the Head Healer, and who Soran truly was, and how this was perfect for an alliance between the nations...

At least Lord Westwood looks pissed. Rin allowed herself that one shred of contentment.

It can be just a fake engagement, right? Soran doesn't look to happy about it either. And I don't want to marry Soran, I want to marry LAW! Taking what Han had just said into account, Law was even more directly descended from Lord Watyr; Rin's bodyguard had been from Delmar too...maybe he was related to Soran? That still doesn't make things okay.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kris
The King
The King

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Sora laughed, appreciating the play on words for what it was. He wasn't all too pleased with the turn of even- he was groaning over and over inside his head- but at least his father couldn't complain that he wasn't capable of finding a wife for himself.

And he wouldn't have to sit at marriage meetings anymore... he could even dive into his private savings account without worry that his father would track him down. He could help make changes to the hospital that he had been hoping to make for a while but could never find the funds for.

"What about my country, Master Han?" Sora asked.

He grimaced and turned to the council. If he was doing this, he was doing this properly.

"I apologize for not telling of my identity all this time. It has been necessary that I conceal myself as a form of protection. But after finding that my fiancee has been having trouble with some... concerns... I decided that I should silence your fears by revealing my presence at court."

Han
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 am

"Actually we have a bigger problem to worry about. Well, it's not a problem at all if you think about it.." Han commented walking into the door.

"I just met a page outside," he continued, "Westwood sent a note. We fell for his trap. No wonder he insisted Rin marry only to royalty. Now, it is necessary that we MUST attack within the year or else Westwood gets the kingdom flat out. Look"

Han showed the note:

Queen Rin,
I congratulate you on your engagement to Prince Sora of Delmar. It is a union both fitting and mutually beneficial. As is International custom, foreign couples are to live in the country of the groom. Thus, after consulting with the ambassador to Delmar, we have decided to hold the engagement celebration in Fiat, but for you to move to Delmar one week before the wedding (scheduled one year from today).

At that time, you will be the Queen of Delmar and must, by international custom, reside in Delmar. In the absence of a ruler, I, Lord Westwood, have the obligation to rule the Fiat in your stead until Queen Rin with King Sora begets a child in Delmar and sends him or her to Fiat to be trained and made ruler.

You will be sorely missed in Fiat and I will do my best to fill your duties until a heir is sent over.

PS. All nobles have been given a copy of this message, for it is a government document.

Your Servant,
Lord Westwood

"He's right," said Han, "International Custom DOES say that..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kris
The King
The King

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:13 am

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into, Soran dear?" A semi-transparent head popped out of nowhere above the letter.

"Rei," Sora said. He wasn't surprised by his ghostly sister's sudden appearance. She was always popping in and out.

"A royal engagement. Joy. A year of celebrations before you must return to Delmar. Too bad you're both in line for the crowns of your respective countries. No way out." The ten year old giggled with glee.

Forever ten.

And it was- All. His. Fault. His sister would never grow up.

"I know, Rei." Sora put his hand to his forehead and dropped into a chair.

"I know a way out."

Sora's head shot up.

"But I'm not telling."

Han
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:04 am

"Sora, are you ok?" asked Han.

"I think the pressure is getting to him, Rin. He's talking to himself..." Han observed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kris
The King
The King

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 am

Rei giggled and fully materialized herself.

Sora staggered. You didn't need to take so much energy, Rei.

She blew him a mental raspberry. "Hi there, Master Han, she said. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Although I've seen you around before. She rolled her eyes mentally.

Sora sighed. "What do we have to do to get ourselves out of this fine pickle you've brewed."

"What do you mean," she asked innocently.

"You're the one who nudged Lady Adeline to check up on us at that moment, weren't you?"

Or would you like to deny it?

"I was hoping she would distract you all from the marriage idea, but my plan backfired." Rei grimaced. "You have a duty to Delmar, or have you forgotten?"

"I couldn't even if I wanted to," Sora whispered.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   

Back to top Go down

Fiat RP
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4Ever Stars :: The Playground :: Clubs, Kingdoms, RP-
Jump to: